Links to Learning rYse Up - Lismore
Links to Learning rYse Up supports Year 9 girls re-engage with education through developing positive decision making, healthy behaviours and resilience. The key features of the program are: the development of participants’ confidence, self-esteem, social abilities, goal-setting, leadership and life skills.
The participants will be:
- Using art, creative and experiential learning to support them to discover their talents and develop confidence in their ability to learn different ways
- Exploring social, life and employment pathways they may wish to follow and identifying the skills and learning required to participate in these areas
- Be supported to identify goals for their own lives, relating school education to the skills required to pursue these goals and helping young women identify their own skills and the learning styles that help them achieve their goals
- Participating in workshops covering: self-esteem, leadership, conflict resolution, mental health, bullying, healthy relationships, body image, budgeting, community engagement,nutrition, harm minimisation, team building, gender/power issues, cultural awareness, sexuality and sexual health, social media, personal safety, resilience
- Developing links with a wide range of local services
Links to Learning rYse Up participants will be encouraged to share what they have learned upon returning to school and will be invited, upon graduation from the program, to use their skills to support and mentor their peers.